OneRepublic - Counting Stars (Post de actualización necesaria)




Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But, baby I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

I see this life like a swinging vine,
Swing my heart across the line
In my face is flashing signs,
Seek it out and ye shall find.

Old but I'm not that old
Young but I'm not that bold
And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

And I feel something so right by doing the wrong thing
And I feel something so wrong by doing the right thing

I could lie, couldn't I, couldn't I?
Every thing that kills me makes me feel alive.

Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But, baby I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars
Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But, baby I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars

I feel her love
And I feel it burn down this river every time
Hope is our four-letter word, make that money watch it burn

Old but, I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold
And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

And I feel something so wrong by doing the right thing
I could lie, couldn't I, couldn't I?
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But, baby I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars
Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But, baby I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars

Oh, take that money watch it burn,
Sing in the river the lessons I learned
Take that money watch it burn,
Sing in the river the lessons I learned
Take that money watch it burn,
Sing in the river the lessons I learned
Take that money watch it burn,
Sing in the river the lessons I learned

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But, baby I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars
Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But, baby I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars

Take that money watch it burn,
Sing in the river the lessons I learned
Take that money watch it burn,
Sing in the river the lessons I learned
Take that money watch it burn,
Sing in the river the lessons I learned
Take that money watch it burn,
Sing in the river the lessons I learned

:::::::::: ::::::::::

Hallo!

No fue sino hasta que por cierto evento ñoño (*cof cof* léase referente a manzanas) supe de la existencia de esta canción, la cual curiosamente llegó en un momento donde estoy replanteando y volviendo a barajar algunos aspectos de mi vida tras el encontronazo que tuve con el examen de especialidad la semana pasada.

Tal vez este año no logre aún mi anhelo de convertirme en Psiquiatra, me aventaré un año más trabajando como asalariada por un mal sueldo, aún no tengo noticias de que Dr. Cheshire me de el alta y seguiré bajo el amparo de mis padres; pero tengo la corazonada de que vendrán cosas buenas, en especial mi compromiso con Eduardo a finales de este año. Lo que llevo andado como recién graduada va a guardarse en el costal de mi experiencia, de las lecciones que tal vez debía pasar para crecer como persona y sobre todo es un recordatorio de que por más puñetazos que me aviente la vida no debo perder la cabeza ni el buen corazón, todo esto no es para sentarme y amargarme la existencia, sino para alzar la frente y seguir en pie de batalla como el soldado que siempre quise ser o mis amigos militares a quienes tanto admiro...

Después de todo, todo aquello que me ahoga me incita a querer volar...

Auf wiedersehen!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

El hecho de que expreses tu opinión no hará que cambies la mía... Pero como sea, dilo de todos modos, el espacio está abierto...